Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lake Martin

Bryan had games on Friday and Saturday, June 12 and 13 in Columbus, Ga. Chuck and decided to head to Lake Martin, in Alabame, and spend the weekend with Tim and Shawna at their condo. We went from Bryan's game directly to the lake and what a great time we had. We arrived there Friday night, pretty late so basically just hit the sack. We got up early on Saturday, and got out on the lake in boat. We cruised over to a very lovely restaurant about 3o minutes down the lake and ate brunch. We sat there a while talking and waiting for the rain, which quickly came up on his, to stop. Once we saw a break in the clouds we headed back to the condo, until the weather cleared. Well on the way back it started to rain, and boy did it come down. Shawna and I decided that we would get down on the floor of the boat in order to try and stay dry. That didn't really work, but it was better than what Tim went through, you decide, who/what does he look like. (Tim was getting blasted by the rain while driving the boat)
Once we got back to the condo and dried off and after a little relaxing it was time for Chuck and I to head back to Columbus for Bryan's game. We decided to go get a quick bite to eat, and while we were eating Bryan had called and told us to just stay that it would not be worth us driving the hour their to watch him pitch one inning. (Good call, as he really had a rough outing that day). Anyway, we did get back out on the boat and spent some time just driving around and looking at the beautiful houses on the lake. I think I found the one that I want to buy.

Here it is my new home.
We went back out on the boat later that night. Headed to Chuck's. I remember that place when I was in college. It was deja vu. Anyway, we hung there listened to karaoke, then headed back, in the dark. I have not driven a boat in mega mega years, but did in the dark of the night, but I got us back safely.

On Sunday we again headed to the boat for another day on the lake. We drove to The Rock.
Another memory from days ago. No, none of us got the nerve to jump. After being out for a bit it started looking dark so we headed to Chucks again, ordered pizza, brought it back to the condo and ate it by the pool. The sky was getting darker and darker so Tim and Chuck took the boat to the marina, Shawna drove to pick them up while I stayed at the condo to pack and get ready to head home. Well the heavens opened, the winds started and the electricity went out. Yup, I was there by myself, actually sent to the center of the condo for a bit as the winds really picked up. It got really hairy for a little while, but it was kind of cool. Was hoping to catch a tornado on my cell, put this is what I got instead. We headed back home after the weather began to cooperate. Great times, can't wait to go back. Hopefully, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment