Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's March and it's snowing




How exciting, here we are in the south, and its the first day of March and we have snow. Wish my kids were little, so we could go outside and make snow angels in the snow. I grew up in New Jersey and we did that all winter long. Instead, Natalie, is upstairs chillin, Bryan is driving home from a weekend in Athens, Caitlyn is having a fun snow day with her friends and boyfriend,while Chuck and I are sit here, in front of a blazing fire, watching the snow, watching movies, I'm cooking soup and pizza, and enjoying the scenery. I love this. I did get Natalie to go outside for a bit so I could take some pics. (Wow, now it's coming down really hard again). Maybe I can convince Natalie to go back outside and lay in it so i can get just one snow angel. I did get Hollie out there and took some pics of her. Man she needs a bath, as she doesn't look white compared to the snow. There is a pretty good chance there will not be school tomorrow, or maybe we will get to go in late. The roads will surely freeze up and if the buses can't run we can't have school. I'd love just one day and then I'll be ready for spring weather.

I did go out to the grocery store to get the stuff for soup, and everyone else was there. It was kind of funny. You would think that the snow was around for days, but it was neat. Reminded me of when I was little and we all did have to run to the store to get the basics for a few days in side. I didn't let it bother me, because everyone is enjoying this.

Well, I'll post a few pics, try and get Natalie outside for some more, and I know Caitlyn will take a ton, so may post some of those too.

1 comment:

  1. Barbie:
    Yeah for you to set up a blog. I can barely use a computer let alone establish a blog.Yes, the weather has been crazy here in Bel Air,Maryland too. Cold and rainy Thursday,50's and sunny Friday.Cold and rainy yesterday and this morning.Currently,71 and sunny. Emily,my 28 year old,lives in St.Louis(saddly,she left the village) and told me this morning that they had snow last night.CRAZY!!!
    Gregory and Caroline are looking for house. Hopefully,they have a buyer for Gregory's condo and can move.Cross your fingers.
    This will be a busy week for me as I am the chair of Chesapeake Cancer Allinace Dream Kitchens Tour fundraiser.It is somewhat modeled after the Junior League of Atlanta's kitchens tour.Wish me luck that we sell all 400 tickets. I have Warren Brown,who was the host of the Food Network show" Sugar Rush",as one of our chefs performing cooking demonstrations.
    Well better get the patio cleared of leaf and yard debris.Accomplish something this day.
    Good luck with your home improvement project.
    My best to the fam.
    Fondly,
    Laurie Manns Adolph

    ReplyDelete